07 Oct 2021
College of Commissioners: What’s on the agenda?
We have had a peak at the agenda of the College of Commissioners, have a look below to see what is in store for the coming months!
- 19 October 2021: publication of the 2022 Work Programme
- 14 December: Publication of the Nature Package on Restoration, Deforestation and Soil, including a Proposal for a Regulation (TBC) on minimising the risk of deforestation and forest degradation associated with products placed on the EU market. The increasing attention on deforestation may foresee an impact on the paper packaging value chain.
- The publication of the Package Sustainable Products and Consumption, originally expected in December 2021, will very likely be delayed to the beginning of 2022. This Package includes:
- Sustainable products policy initiative, including a revision of the Ecodesign Directive
- Empowering the consumer for the green transition
- Proposal for a Regulation on substantiating environmental claims using the Product/ Organisation Environmental Footprint methods (green claims)